Wednesday, January 5, 2011

What Do You Do With Your Christmas Cards?

If you are like me, and I'm almost ashamed to admit this, but they usually get thrown away!  I can't stand the feel of clutter and Christmas cards just pile up year after year!  I can't stand looking at them stuffed in a drawer.  I save the ones with heartfelt notes in them, usually sent by my Grandmother :), and toss the rest. 

Boy oh boy, do I wish I would have saved them all now!  It occurred to me while trying to think of ways to reduce, reuse, and recycle (RRR as my kids would say!)...."Why not reuse Christmas cards?"  And I don't mean putting paper over the original sender's name and resending next year, although that would save you a bundle too!  ;)  Why not make cute Christmas gifting tags from the cards?  This would also save you money AND fit into your very own Zero Dollar Christmas budget!  I'm sure the original sender could appreciate seeing the cards reused in such a thoughtful, creative way.  With that said, I'm off to craft some gift tags and yes, I will most definitely be posting pictures soon!

2 comments:

  1. I have made ornaments just like the one found here
    http://www.betterbudgeting.com/christmasornaments/christmascardball.htm

    You asked about freezing the Italian Wedding soup on my blog. Yes! You can and I am sure you could make it in the crock pot, too. I would cook it for 8 hours on low or 5 hours on high. You can either add the meatballs raw and let them cook all day with the veggies (will add more fat to your soup) or you can cook them separately and add them later. If you use pasta, you will want to add it at the end, too. If you use potatoes, add them raw with the other veggies and they will be soft after all those hours of cooking. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But back to historical romances. I started reading historical novels with (sometimes) romantic elements by writers like Costain, Slaughter, Yerby, et al. The romances came through more clearly with Georgette Heyer, all of whose books dissertation assistance writing I have, even the mysteries.

    ReplyDelete