Sunday, January 2, 2011

Did You Do Any Returns After Christmas?

I did return duplicate items we received this Christmas.  Most were duplicate toys and we simply do not have room to accomodate them.  Well, we could if I wanted to have a very cluttered home.  So for my sanity's sake, I returned the items to Wal-Mart.  I got a credit of $60 some odd dollars.  SO, I am putting that gift card away for next Christmas.  I always give my two oldest nephews Wal-Mart giftcards and this will make it $0 OOP (out of pocket) for me next year.  I also received a $25 gift card to Wal-Mart as a gift.  Since I am not going to do a lot of shopping this year as I am actually trying to declutter and organize our home, I also plan to use this towards gifts. 

The Visa giftcards I received as gifts are NOT going towards my ZDC (Zero Dollar Christmas) because I can actually use these anywhere and I have a feeling they are going to be purchasing my next set of contacts. :)

Just wanted to drop in and remind you of how useful those store credits can be at the end of the year!  Do YOU have items you can return for store credit?

2 comments:

  1. we returned a pair of PJs to Target b/c we already had enough of them (and I don't like football lol) so we got $6.95 on a gift card we used to buy some food items :) not much, but helpful!

    Zaira @
    http://learnwithp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Zaira! My 21 month old son was born loving Football! I mean, seriously that was one of his first words. It's funny - I think it is in some boys genes or something. We got a ton of PJ's too! I even caught myself thinking about buying some last night because they had been clearanced to $1...then I thought, "NO WAY! We already have too many!" Are you doing a ZDC too?

    ReplyDelete